For the third straight year, Visa is back in Austin, Texas, from March 11–14, 2017. Visa will bring its vision for the future of payments to life in the Visa Everywhere Lounge through a series of events and announcements, which will celebrate and inspire adventure in Austin and the world beyond.
Building on successful activations from years past, Visa’s Everywhere Lounge will be programmed with events that highlight Visa’s new relationships in music, sports and technology.
Inspiring female entrepreneurs and developers
- Visa is launching the third annual Everywhere Initiative in the U.S. with a kick-off event that focuses on empowering women in business. Five female entrepreneurs will pitch ideas for how they can use Visa APIs to drive more powerful commerce experiences for consumers or merchants; the live pitch event will take place on March 11, at 3:30 p.m. CDT, at the Visa Everywhere Lounge. For more information visit: www.visa.com/EverywhereInitiative.
- Visa is also celebrating its new sponsorship of Girl Starter, a revolutionary trans-media entertainment and technology company that activates, amplifies, mentors and funds the next generation of female business leaders. During the event, Visa and Girl Starter will announce an online competition for the Girl Starter network, and cast members of Girl Starter’s upcoming television series will participate in the evaluation of the pitches during the Everywhere Initiative kick-off event.
Developers descend on Visa Everywhere Lounge for Hyperwallet Hackathon
On Tuesday, March 14, Hyperwallet, a leading global payouts provider to millions of independent workers, will be taking over the Visa Everywhere Lounge to host its first-ever hackathon.
Participating developers will collaborate and experiment with emerging payout technologies and the Visa Direct API, with a goal to improve the speed, access and efficiency of charitable funds distribution for disaster relief.
Stop by the Visa Everywhere Lounge
- On Monday, March 13, join us at the Everywhere Lounge from 1:00–4:00 pm CDT. During that time, Visa will host a celebration and make several announcements in the travel and sports segments.
- The Visa Everywhere Lounge gives visitors a relaxing environment to recharge while getting a glimpse of the future of digital and connected payments.
- When visiting the Everywhere Lounge, guests will be able to grab a coffee, craft beer and/or snack while trying out cutting-edge digital payments demos, including wearables, AR and VR.
- All visitors will also receive a specially produced wearable that will enable them to simply ‘tap’ to pay for drinks.
- The Everywhere Lounge is located at 500 San Marcos St. in Austin and will be open to the public Saturday, Monday and Tuesday 10 am–7 pm.
Not in Austin, but still want to follow along? Over the course of the week, Visa will be bringing partnerships to life with a series of special events and announcements with music and sports brands. For more details, visit Visa.com and follow @VisaNews on Twitter. Also keep up with daily events with the #everywherelounge on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.