Here in sunny Palm Springs, CA, at eTail West, we showed off a sleek new design of Visa Checkout, with a host of features that make shopping easier for online and mobile customers, while also making it faster than ever for merchants to customize and integrate the service.
This Visa Checkout experience, coming in April, is designed to be more connected to the look and feel of the merchant’s own checkout, with consistent messaging and branding that create an “in-context” flow for the shopper.
Here are just a few of the great things coming to Visa Checkout merchants this spring:
Customized Messages and Offers. Select merchants will be able to personalize the Visa Checkout experience, with messages and images that appear inside the lightbox based on where and how their customers shop.
- For example, with the update to the Visa Checkout software, merchants could put an image of a woman trying on a pair of jeans behind the Visa Checkout lightbox for a female customer, while showcasing a man trying on a suit for a male user.
- These merchants can also create personalized messages, from thank-you messages to promotional offers.
Visa Checkout Lightbox Improvements. Customers can save keystrokes and time thanks to new features that make it easier to navigate, including a more:
- Sleek Visa Checkout lightbox designed for smaller mobile screens
- Streamlined checkout order flow that makes it easier for users to confirm their purchase,while making only the changes to billing or other personal information that they need.
Simplified Sign-Up Process. Several enhancements make it even easier for consumers to enroll, including:
- The integration of the Google APIs, which will automatically suggest address information for many consumers, allowing them to simply confirm and continue with the registration process.
- Users can easily scan an image of their credit or debit card, rather than have to enter their information manually, particularly on the mobile phone.
These updates come after months of research and testing aimed at eliminating the clutter, confusion and frictions of the online checkout process. This is especially critical for powering the growth of mobile commerce, which increased at eight times the rate of traditional commerce in 2015 alone.
Best of all, most of these features will be automatically available;merchants don’t have to make any adjustments to their existing online checkout processes or payment systems.
As we continue to expand Visa Checkout around the world, we’re constantly working to perfect the user experience, and to deliver on our promise to make paying with Visa in the digital world as easy as it’s been in the physical world for more than 50 years. To find out more, and to get Visa Checkout added to your mobile and online web properties, visit us at www.VisaCheckout.com