"The center represents a significant investment from Visa for a very good cause–the health and wellness of our employees," said Michael Ross, Executive Vice President of HR at Visa. “We know it can be challenging to keep on top of preventative care and routine treatments and wanted to make it convenient for thousands of our employees to make wellness a top priority.”
The services available in the new Health Center include:
- Preventive care such as routine physicals, wellness exams, flu shots and annual health plan development.
- Primary care for everyday needs such as colds, allergies, minor infections and management of chronic conditions.
- Basic lab and medication services, or referral to an outside lab or pharmacy for more specialized needs.
- Physical therapy for recovering from an injury or procedure, and to help improve core stability and mobility.
- Chiropractic care and acupuncture to alleviate pain and strengthen posture, and for treatment of ailments such as back pain and headaches.
- Health coaching to help achieve personal goals, such as losing weight or stopping smoking.
Other benefits that Visa employees have access to include:
- Medical plan enhancementsExpanded maternity and paternity leave
- A new elder care leave program to care for aging parents
- A new “Volunteering Time Off” (VTO) benefit to encourage philanthropic work in the community
- Matching gift program for donations made to employees’ favorite charitable organizations
Later this year, employees will also have access to services that help identify quality, prescreened child and elder care providers, as well as back-up care services for times when regularly scheduled care arrangements aren’t possible.
To find out more about the Visa Health Center, visit: http://visahealthcenter.com/. You can also learn more about Visa’s diverse and inclusive culture by visiting: http://visa.com/diversity.