Case studies, research and recommended practice recommendations are intended for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for marketing, legal, technical, tax, financial or other advice. When implementing any new strategy or practice, you should consult with your legal counsel to determine what laws and regulations may apply to your specific circumstances. The actual costs, savings and benefits of a card program may vary based upon your specific business needs and program requirements. Visa makes no representations and warranties as to the information contained herein and member is solely responsible for any use of the information in this presentation in connection with its card programs.
This presentation contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are generally identified by words such as “outlook,” “forecast,” “projected,” “could,” “expects,” “will” and other similar expressions. Examples of such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements we make about Visa’s business, economic outlooks, population expansion and analyses. All statements other than statements of historical fact could be forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date they are made, are not guarantees of future performance, and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are beyond our control and are difficult to predict. Studies, survey results, research, recommendations, opportunity assessments, claims, etc. (the “Statements”) should be considered directional only. The Statements should not be relied upon for marketing, legal, regulatory or other advice. The Statements should be independently evaluated in light of your specific business needs and any applicable laws and regulations. Visa is not responsible for your use of the Statements, including errors of any kind, or any assumptions or conclusions you might draw from their use.
Except where otherwise noted, statements herein are based on:
- Visa Small Business Health Indexes, pulled from proprietary Visa data indexed to Q1 of 2013 and calculated as follows:
- Spending Index: Changes in spending per spend-active small business credit card account
- Borrowing Index: Changes in balances per balance-active small business credit card account
- Risk Index: Changes in share of balances delinquent and balances charged-off in a quarter on Visa small business credit cards
- The national small business survey of approximately 1000 small business owners, administered by Kelton once per quarter. The summer survey was fielded June 30-July 8, 2020.