Visa’s Everywhere Initiative Calls on Global FinTechs to Participate in 2018 Program
Visa expands global program to personalize experiences for start-ups while providing a discovery mechanism for clients and partners
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180228005403/en/
Visa's Everywhere Initiative "By the Numbers" (Graphic: Business Wire)
Visa’s Everywhere Initiative will begin 2018 with a broader approach that presents program participants with challenges unique to each region and propel digital commerce solutions. This year’s program updates include:
- Robust country lineup: The 2018 roster spans five continents, with the next two programs launching in
the United Stateson March 19and Russiaon March 15. The lineup includes Visa’s Everywhere Initiatives in the following locations: North America: United States Asia-Pacific: Thailand*, Vietnam*, China Latin America: Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Brazil, Argentina Europe; Middle East: Russia*; additional Europecountries to be added Africa: Sub-Saharan Africa*
- New participants: Visa’s Everywhere Initiative will usher in the next generation of innovators with the addition of three student-focused initiatives: in
Europe, a partnership with Junior Achievement, student participation in the Russia2018 VEI program, and with Northwestern University’s “MMM” student program in the United States.
- Dynamic format: The program will expand beyond the traditional country competition format to offer more ways for startups to participate in Visa’s Everywhere Initiative, which may include immersion workshops at Visa’s global network of Innovation Centers, networking opportunities within Visa’s global partner network and expanded regional competitions.
- Innovative briefs: To support the global trends shaping the FinTech category as outlined in Visa’sInnovations for a Cashless World: Consumer Desire and the Future of Payments report, start-ups will answer briefs tackling the biggest challenges that face the commerce landscape today, both globally and regionally – for example, expanding access to digital payments in
Latin America, conversational commerce solutions in North America, cross border travel for tourists in Asia, open banking solutions in Europeand more.
- Bridge of support: To reward top participants, Visa may provide monetary prizes, access to Visa’s products and services via APIs on Visa Developer Platform, expert mentorship and support from Visa and exposure to key FinTech constituents across banking, merchant and government sectors.
“Visa’s Everywhere Initiative is in a unique position to help uncover, support and apply emerging technologies to today’s biggest digital commerce challenges,” said Shiv Singh, senior vice president,
Since starting in 2015, Visa’s Everywhere Initiative has awarded over
"Visa's Everywhere Initiative originally opened up the possibility of using sound to support payments and other financial services use cases,” said
Visa also continues to work with previous winners such as IncreaseCard (
For more information on the 2018 lineup for Visa’s Everywhere Initiative, how to get involved and participation terms, visit: https://usa.visa.com/visa-everywhere/everywhere-initiative.html
* denotes new country in 2018 for Visa’s Everywhere Initiative
Katie Harris-Maines, 415-810-4930