Visa payWave is a secure, faster, easier way to pay for everyday purchases.
Visa payWave lets you breeze through check out faster since you don't need to fumble for cash. Simply wave your card in front of a secure reader and you’re on your way.
Visa payWave transactions offer multiple levels of security.
- Transaction Protection:Cards can only be read within 1-2 inches from the secure reader and each transaction is accompanied by a unique security code to protect against fraudulent use. Plus, you maintain control of the card at all times, which reduces the risk of fraud.
- Real Time Fraud Monitoring:Visa payWave payments are also processed through the same reliable network as swipe transactions. These transactions are monitored continuously for suspicious activity so we can identify and respond to fraudulent activity immediately.
- Zero Liability:If your card is ever lost or stolen, you're protected with Zero Liability for unauthorized purchases.
Just look for this symbol at checkout:
To complete your transaction, simply wave your card in front of the reader, then grab your purchases and go.
|If you have this symbol on your Visa card,
the benefits of Visa payWave right now!
|you can start experiencing|
Visa payWave is designed to simplify your life, save valuable time, and even help reduce fraud. Here's how:
- No swiping makes checkout faster and easier
- You remain in control of your card during the transaction, reducing the risk of fraud
- You'll enjoy the same multiple layers of security protection you get with traditional Visa cards, including Zero Liability, which ensures you are not responsible for fraudulent or unauthorized transactions1
- Transactions are processed through the same, reliable payment network as magnetic stripe transactions.
How It Works
A special computer chip embedded in the card with Visa payWave employs the latest technology for sending payment information to a secure reader at the point of sale. The chip can only be read when in close proximity (within 1-2 inches) to the secure reader, and it must be correctly oriented to be processed. After waving your card in front of it, the reader will light up and beep to inform you that your information has been received and is being processed through Visa’s secure network.
Visa payWave isn't just easier—it’s more secure. You remain in control of your card during the entire transaction, further reducing the risk of fraud. However, in the event that a Visa payWave transaction cannot be completed, you can still make a swiped transaction, so you still enjoy the wide acceptance of traditional Visa cards.
Visa payWave gives you flexibility, as well as convenience. With a choice of three payment devices—the Visa card, Visa Mini Card, and Visa Micro Tag—Visa continues to deliver unique payment solutions for cardholders, all of which are protected by multiple layers of security.
You'll benefit from faster checkout at merchants that accept Visa payWave. And because both the Visa card and the Visa Mini Card with Visa payWave can be used as traditional cards, you'll continue to enjoy the convenience of wide acceptance.
The Visa Micro Tag, designed as a small, durable, and convenient key fob, is the first Visa payment device designed exclusively for Visa payWave payments. Your card data is stored in a microchip in the key fob so you never reveal your card number or PIN, and you can take it with you without carrying a wallet. Learn more >
Progressive Payment Options
- Visa payWave feature offers cutting edge convenience and flexibility
- Magnetic stripe also enables traditional payments
- The first alternative Visa payWave payment device
- Measures half the size of a traditional card
- Includes Visa payWave and magnetic stripe functionality
- The latest innovation in Visa payments—Visa’s first payment device designed exclusively for Visa payWave payments
- No more fumbling through your purse or wallet, the Visa Micro Tag is easily accessible on your key ring
- Designed to be small, durable, practical, and convenient
Visa payWave is available from participating Visa card issuers. To learn more about Visa payWave, view our Frequently Asked Questions.
|Start enjoying faster checkout times and increased convenience. Look for this symbol in stores to start using your card with Visa payWave:|
Just a Quick Wave and You’re on Your Way
1Visa’s Zero Liability policy covers U.S.–issued cards and does not apply to certain commercial card transactions or any transactions not processed by Visa. You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.