Visa is committed to thought leadership in global commercial payments and to bringing you information about the latest best practices and emerging trends. Our Best Practice Studies and Practical Guides offer actionable insights and recommendations that can help you improve your company's performance and bottom line.
Best Practice Studies
Visa commissioned Deloitte Consulting to conduct the 2008 Global Procure-to-Pay and Commercial Card Best Practices Study.* Deloitte conducted in-depth interviews with 60 global/multinational, mid-size and large corporations, as well as federal and local governmental agencies. The result: 63 best practices that can help your company identify performance gaps and undertake practical steps to improve.Key findings include:
- Align with corporate goals. Integrate commercial card program objectives into enterprise-wide performance improvement initiatives.
- Secure buy-in at the highest levels. Gain ongoing support from senior management and key stakeholders to ensure companywide credibility.
- Make Procure-to-Pay a center of excellence. Establish center-led management of the Procure-to-Pay process and commercial card program to align goals, improve cross-functional communication and drive process standardization.
- Automate from start to finish. Implement an end-to-end automation strategy for every step in the Procure-to-Pay process to improve efficiency, enhance spend visibility and optimize internal resources.
- Design program parameters. Establish a management framework for your commercial card program to address cardholder needs while maintaining a high level of compliance and control.
For all key findings and emerging trends, download the 2008 Global Best Practices Executive Summary on this page. For the full 2008 Best Practices Study, contact your commercial banker.
Visa's suite of Practical Guides offers detailed information on subjects like control and compliance card program integration into enterprise systems, and global program implementation. Based on company interviews, Practical Guides provide useful information to help you optimize your processes.
|To obtain relevant Best Practices and Practical Guides, contact your commercial banker or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|