A cardholder is claiming that they did not authorize or participate in a transaction that you processed. The cardholder’s bank determined all of the following things occurred:
- The transaction was completed with a counterfeit card in a card-present environment,
- The card is a chip card, and
- Either of these things occurred:
- The transaction did not take place at a chip-reading device.
- The transaction was chip-initiated and, if the transaction was authorized online, your card processor did not transmit the full chip data to Visa in the authorization request.