- NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The 2023 Visa Prepaid and Debit Online Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of May 1, 2023. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees of Visa U.S.A. Inc. (“Sponsor”), Visa Inc., Visa International Service Association, and each of their respective parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, trustees, and client financial institutions, prize suppliers, paid influencers, and advertising and promotion agencies, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, the “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law.
- SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: Begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on May 1, 2023, and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on June 30, 2023 (“Promotion Period”). There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner and ten (10) First Prize winners selected in a random drawing at the end of the Promotion Period from among all eligible entries received.
- TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
- AUTOMATIC ENTRY: An eligible Visa Prepaid, eligible Visa Payroll, or eligible Visa Debit cardholder will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each online Visa transaction made with his/her/their participating financial institution’s Visa Prepaid card, Visa Payroll card or Visa Debit card during the Promotion Period. The value of the transaction will not increase or decrease your chances of winning a prize. Only eligible Visa Prepaid cards, Visa Payroll cards and Visa Debit cards can receive automatic entries. For a list of eligible Visa Prepaid cards, Visa Payroll cards and Visa Debit cards and participating financial institutions, visit www.visa.com/builtinprotection/participatingportfolios. Commercial cards and the following Visa Prepaid cards are excluded from entry into the Sweepstakes: Visa Buxx, Visa Gift Card, Visa Healthcare Cards, Visa Incentive Card, Visa Government, and Visa TravelMoney. Only online Visa transactions made with an eligible Visa Prepaid card, Visa Payroll card or Visa Debit card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account and issued by a participating financial institution in the U.S., which are processed through Visa U.S.A. Inc.'s transaction-processing system during the Promotion Period are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Load, reloads, account adjustment transactions/returns, mail order, telephone order, face to face and recurring transactions, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar transactions, and payment of late fees or over-limit fees are excluded from automatic entry. Visa cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on June 30, 2023 in order to be eligible for the random drawing.
- TO ENTER BY MAIL WITHOUT PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION: Hand-print your complete name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code), and a valid email address on a plain piece of 3" x 5" paper, and mail it in a business-size (#10) envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: 2023 Visa Prepaid and Debit Online Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7812, Melville, NY 11775-7812. Mailed entries must be postmarked between May 1, 2023, and June 30, 2023, and received by July 10, 2023, in order to be included in the random drawing. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mailed entry will count as one (1) entry into the random drawing and must be mailed in a separate, postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNERS/WINNER NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner and ten (10) potential First Prize winners will be selected on or about July 24, 2023, from among all eligible automatic and mailed entries received. Random drawing will be conducted under the direction of Administrator, an independent judging organization. Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by email and/or telephone within five (5) business days of random drawing date. Potential winners will be required to verify their eligibility by digitally completing and securely signing and returning a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and Publicity Release where legal, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules, Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, or prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, such prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
- ODDS: The estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 83,445,600 and the estimated odds of winning a First Prize are 1 in 8,344,566; however, the actual odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible automatic and mailed entries received.
- PRIZES AND THEIR ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: To the extent possible, $15,000 loaded onto the winner’s Visa Prepaid card or Visa Debit card linked to a bank account or Visa Payroll card, depending upon method of entry. ARV of Grand Prize: $15,000. Ten (10) First Prizes: To the extent possible, $1,500 loaded onto the winner’s Visa Prepaid card or Visa Debit card linked to a bank account or Visa Payroll card, depending upon method of entry. ARV of each First Prize: $1,500. Total ARV of all prizes: $30,000. In the event that a winner entered via mail and does not have a Visa Prepaid card, Visa Payroll card, or Visa Debit card, prize will be awarded in the form of a check to winner. In any other event where the prize cannot be loaded onto a winner’s Visa Prepaid card, Visa Payroll card or Visa Debit card, prize will be awarded in the form of a check to winner. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. If a prize winner is at least eighteen (18) years of age but still considered a minor in his/her/their jurisdiction of residence, such prize may be awarded in the name of his/her/their parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on such winner as set forth herein.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding. By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her/their name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of prizes. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
- GENERAL: Sponsor will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify winners. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party (except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes), nor attempt to contact an entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Sponsor’s products and promotions. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, and transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or any prize-related event, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice and for any reason including, if in the Administrator’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes; or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes; a public health crisis; or if any government regulations, orders, or guidelines affect the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner.
- TAXES: The value of each prize will be taxable to applicable winner as income. Sponsor will issue each winner an IRS FORM 1099-MISC for the value of applicable prize as it is valued at $600 or more. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of a prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the applicable winners. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of California.
- FORCE MAJEURE: In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received to award the prizes and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prizes or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state/provincial or local government law, order, regulation, or guideline, public health crisis or pandemic (e.g., Coronavirus), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, regardless of whether any such cause was foreseeable (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
- ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that
- (i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant;
- (ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and
- (iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, available after August 15, 2023, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 31, 2023, to: 2023 Visa Prepaid and Debit Online Sweepstakes Winners, c/o Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
- SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999. Administrator: Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
2023 VISA PREPAID AND DEBIT ONLINE SWEEPSTAKES
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. One (1) Grand Prize: To the extent possible, $15,000 loaded onto the winner’s Visa Prepaid card or Visa Debit card linked to a bank account or Visa Payroll card, depending upon method of entry. ARV of Grand Prize: $15,000. Ten (10) First Prizes: To the extent possible, $1,500 loaded onto the winner’s Visa Prepaid card or Visa Debit card linked to a bank account or Visa Payroll card, depending upon method of entry. ARV of each First Prize: $1,500. Total ARV of all prizes: $30,000. In the event that a winner entered via mail and does not have a Visa Prepaid card, Visa Debit card or Visa Payroll card, prize will be awarded in the form of a check to winner. In the event that prize cannot be loaded onto a winner’s Visa Prepaid card, Visa Debit card or Visa Payroll card, prize will be awarded in the form of a check to winner. Automatic entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT 6/30/23 in order to be eligible. Mailed entries must be postmarked by 6/30/23 and received by 7/10/23. The estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 83,445,600 and the estimated odds of winning a First Prize are 1 in 8,344,566; however, the actual odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible automatic and mailed entries received. Sweepstakes ends 11:59:59 PM PT 6/30/23. See Official Rules above for complete details, including prize restrictions. Sponsored solely by Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999.