6. Odds: Estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:519,501,885; estimated odds of winning a Weekly Prize are 1:34,633,459; however, the actual odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the total number of eligible automatic and mail-in entries received during the Promotion Period; and the actual odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend upon the total number of eligible automatic and mail-in entries received for each Weekly Drawing.
7. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: $15,000 loaded onto the winner’s Visa Prepaid card or, to the extent possible, Visa Payroll card tied to the entry. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $15,000. Fifteen (15) Weekly Prizes (one (1) prize awarded each week for 15 weeks): $500 loaded onto each Weekly Winner’s Visa Prepaid card or Visa Payroll card tied to the entry. ARV: $500/each. Total ARV of all prizes: $22,500. In the event that a winner entered via mail-in and does not have a Visa Prepaid card or Visa Payroll card, prize will be awarded in the form of a check. In the event that prize cannot be loaded onto a winner’s Visa Payroll card, prize will be awarded in the form of a check.
No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. All taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes. A prize may not be transferred or substituted except at the Sponsor’s sol discretion. If winner is at least 18 years of age but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
8. Conditions of participation: By entering, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or party designated by the Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Each entrant releases, indemnifies and holds harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, any property damage, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of a prize (including any travel/activity related thereto) or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, breach of contract or merchandise delivery. Releasees shall not be liable for damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; or any claims of third parties. Each entrant agrees that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
9. General: Sponsor will collect information from entrants and card issuers solely for the purpose of the prize drawings and to notify winners. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, transactions or bill payments; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of a prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice, if in Sponsor’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage the web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners’ list: For the names of the winners, available after June 30, 2019, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 31, 2019 to: Visa Prepaid 2019 Tax Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
13. Sponsor + administrator: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128 8999. Administrator: Wire Stone, LLC, part of Accenture Interactive, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 108W, Melville, NY 11747.