Visa prepaid cards help you get your IRS tax refund back faster than with a check
See how it works
With Visa® Prepaid, getting your tax refund is faster than with a check. So you can start using your Visa Prepaid Card on the things that matter the most. Watch this how-to video to find out how easy it is to get your tax refund faster than with a check*.
*Based on IRS' stated time frames for receipt of tax refund after determination that refund is owned.
Load your tax refund onto your Visa® Prepaid card in three easy steps
Visit the URL or call the number on your Visa Prepaid card to get the routing and account numbers. Then add them to the refund section of your 1040 tax form.
Select “checking” as your refund type on your 1040 tax form. Be sure the name on your card matches exactly with the name on the tax form.
Review your balance to see when your refund has arrived. If you want to track the status of your return you can learn more at the IRS’s Tax Season FAQ page.
You could win groceries for a whole year
When you use your eligible Visa Prepaid card† this tax season, you will be entered for a chance to win a whole year worth of groceries (Awarded as a $15,000 check)!
Plus, when you use your eligible Visa Prepaid card, you are entered for a chance to win $100 for every day of the promotion (105 days, from 01/01/2017 to 04/15/2017).
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE VISA PREPAID 2017 TAX SWEEPSTAKES. Open to legal U.S. and D.C. residents, 18 or older as of 1/1/17. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins 1/1/17 and ends 4/15/17. For details on Non-Purchase Entries, see Official Rules here.
†Only eligible reloadable Visa Prepaid cards and Visa Payroll cards are eligible for entry into the Sweepstakes. The following Visa Prepaid cards are excluded from entry into the Sweepstakes: Visa Buxx, Visa Gift Card, Visa Healthcare Cards, Visa Incentive Card, Visa Government, and Visa TravelMoney.
THE VISA PREPAID 2017 TAX SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF 1/1/17 AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1.NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
2.ELIGIBILITY:THE VISA PREPAID 2017 TAX SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of January 1, 2017 who are physically located and reside in the United States or the District of Columbia. Commercial card eligibility is subject to employer policies regarding sweepstakes participation. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited, taxed or otherwise restricted by law. Employees of Visa Inc., Visa U.S.A. Inc. (“Sponsor”), Visa International Service Association, and their respective successors, affiliates and client financial institutions, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, Wire Stone, LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3.SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 1, 2017 and ends 11:59:59 PM PT on April 15, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"). One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded at the end of the Promotion Period in a random drawing (“Grand Prize Drawing”) from among all eligible entries received and combined throughout the Promotion Period. One (1) prize will be awarded for each day of the Promotion Period (“Daily Prize”) in a random drawing (“Daily Drawing”) from among all eligible entries received and combined for each respective day. A “day”, for purposes of this Sweepstakes, is defined as the 24-hour period beginning at 12:00:00 AM PT each day of the Promotion Period and ending at 11:59:59 PM PT the same day.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes: 1) Automatic Entry: Consumers will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing and one (1) entry into a Daily Drawing for each purchase they make with their eligible Visa Prepaid card or Visa Payroll card during the Promotion Period. The date and time of an eligible purchase will determine the Daily Drawing for which the entry is eligible. Entries which are eligible for one Daily Drawing will not be eligible for subsequent Daily Drawings. Each Visa purchase must be made within the United States during the Promotion Period in order to be valid. Only eligible Visa Prepaid cards or Visa Payroll cards can receive automatic entries. The following Visa Prepaid cards are excluded from entry into the Sweepstakes: Visa Buxx, Visa Gift Card, Visa Healthcare Cards, Visa Incentive Card, Visa Government, and Visa TravelMoney. Purchases of goods and services must be at a participating merchant location in the United States. Only eligible Visa purchases, or payments made with an eligible Visa Prepaid card or Visa Payroll card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account and issued by a participating financial institution in the U.S., processed through Visa U.S.A. Inc.'s transaction-processing system during the Promotion Period are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Load, reloads, account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), and payment of late fees or over-limit fees are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions may apply. Visa cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on April 15, 2017, in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing. Automatic entries must be made within the 24-hour period of a day during the Promotion Period in order to be eligible for that day’s Daily Drawing, but no later than by 11:59:59 PM PT on April 15, 2017, in order to be eligible. 2) U.S. Mail: You may enter the Sweepstakes without a Visa Prepaid card or Visa Payroll card, or purchase via U.S. Mail by hand-printing your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on a 3" x 5" card, and mail, in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: Visa Prepaid 2017 Tax Sweepstakes, PO Box 923, Plainview, NY 11803-0923. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by April 15, 2017 and received by April 22, 2017 in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing. Mail-in entries must be postmarked within the 24-hour period of a day during the Promotion Period and received within seven (7) days of that day in order to be eligible for that day’s Daily Drawing. The postmark date will determine the Daily Drawing for which the entry is eligible. Mail-in entries submitted for a Sunday during the Promotion Period must be postmarked by the next day (Monday) and received within seven (7) days in order to be eligible for a Sunday Daily Drawing. Each mail-in entry must be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage-due or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in the Grand Prize Drawing on or about May 1, 2017 from among all eligible automatic entries received by 11:59:59 PM PT on April 15, 2017 and all eligible mail-in entries postmarked by April 15, 2017 and received and combined by April 22, 2017. One (1) potential Daily winner will be selected for each day of the Promotion Period in a Daily Drawing from among all eligible automatic entries received and all eligible mail-in entries postmarked/received and combined for that day as described above in Rule #4. Entries received each day are only eligible for the Daily Drawing on the day in which they are received and are not eligible for subsequent Daily Drawings. Each Daily Drawing will be conducted on or about fifteen (15) days after each day in the Promotion Period. All random drawings will be conducted by Wire Stone, LLC, an independent judging organization. Judges’/Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential Grand Prize winner and potential Daily winners may be notified by telephone and/or email and/or overnight or U.S. Mail on or about twenty (20) days after each specific drawing date and may be required to verify their eligibility prior to issuance of prize. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal, and federal and state tax releases, and Daily Winners may be required to verify their mailing addresses, and return these documents, properly executed, via fax, within 48 hours of notification and via U.S. Mail within 5 days of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; Sponsor’s inability to contact potential winner within a reasonable time period; or prize’s or prize notification’s return as undeliverable will result in such potential winner disqualification and, a Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, the prize may be awarded to an alternate potential winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prize. All claimed prizes will be awarded.
6. ODDS: Estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:347,249,683; estimated odds of winning a Daily Prize are 1:3,307,140; however, the actual odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the total number of eligible automatic and mail-in entries received during the Promotion Period; and the actual odds of winning a Daily Prize depend upon the total number of eligible automatic and mail-in entries received for each Daily Drawing.
7. PRIZES:One (1) Grand Prize: Groceries for one (1) year, to be awarded in the form of a check for $15,000. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $15,000. One hundred five (105) Daily Prizes (one (1) prize awarded each day for 105 days): $100 to be loaded onto each Daily winner’s Visa Prepaid card tied to the entry. In the event that the winner entered via mail-in and does not have a Visa Prepaid card, prize will be awarded in the form of a check. ARV: $100/each. Total ARV of all prizes: $25,500.
No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. All taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes. Prize may not be transferred or substituted except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If winner is at least 18 years of age but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. By accepting the prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or party designated by the Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Each entrant releases, indemnifies and holds harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, any property damage, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the prize (including any travel/activity related thereto) or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, breach of contract or merchandise delivery. Releasees shall not be liable for damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; or any claims of third parties. Each entrant agrees that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
9. GENERAL: Sponsor will collect information from entrants and card issuers solely for the purpose of the priz drawing and to notify winners. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, transactions or bill payments; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice, if in Sponsor’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prize in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage the web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgement upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after June 30, 2017, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 31, 2017 to: Visa Prepaid 2017 Tax Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
13. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999. Administrator: Wire Stone, LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 108W, Melville, NY 11747.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. No entrant has yet won. Participants will receive one (1) entry in a Daily Drawing for each purchase they make with their eligible Visa Prepaid card or Visa Payroll card during the Promotion Period. To enter without a Visa Prepaid card or Visa Payroll card, or purchase, hand-print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on a 3" x 5" card, and mail, in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: Visa Prepaid 2017 Tax Sweepstakes, PO Box 923, Plainview, NY 11803-0923. One (1) Grand Prize: Groceries for one (1) year, to be awarded in the form of a check for $15,000. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $15,000. One hundred five (105) Daily Prizes (one (1) prize awarded each day for 105 days): $100 to be loaded onto each Daily winner’s Visa Prepaid card. In the event that the winner entered via mail-in and does not have a Visa Prepaid card, prize will be awarded in the form of a check. Approximate Retail Value “ARV” of all prizes: $25,500. Estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:347,249,683; estimated odds of winning a Daily Prize are 1:3,307,140; however, the actual odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the total number of eligible automatic and mail-in entries received during the Promotion Period; and the actual odds of winning a Daily Prize depend upon the total number of eligible automatic and mail in entries received for each Daily Drawing. Sweepstakes ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on 4/15/17. See Official Rules above for complete details, including entry periods and prize restrictions. Sponsored solely by Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999.