In addition to specific information and tools, many customers, regardless of which category they fall into, want a digital and paperless two-way interaction, with timely communication and a quick approval process. The ideal customer journey has the following elements:
- A simple and effortless digital credit-card application process.
- An application process that’s mobile-friendly and seamless across devices; the same information should be available and customers should be able to do the same things, regardless of which device they’re using.
- Information should be presented in a logical format, with clear navigation and tools to help customers select the right card.
- The online application form should be easily visible and customers should be able to fill it out completely online, with the ability to save their work.
- The form should utilize shortcuts, with special formats (e.g., birthday, ID, phone number) indicated. Input fields should be easy to fill in, with boxes or dropdown lists where possible to reduce keystrokes; a tick mark should indicate when an input is correct, and a review screen should be provided.
- Customers should have someone available to answer questions and assure them that their sensitive information is secure.
- All supporting documents should be easily uploaded; mobile upload is best.
- Customers should have an idea of when they can expect feedback. They should be given clear next-steps and information about how to follow up.
- They should be updated on their application, whether they are approved or not.
For more information, please contact your Visa Account Executive or email Visa Performance Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: ORC Digital Acquisition Customer Research, Commissioned by Visa Performance Solutions, 2016-2017. Digital Acquisition Diagnostic analysis, completed by Visa Performance Solutions, 2015-2017