European Economic Area or the United Kingdom
1. Information about Visa
This information is being provided by Visa, Inc. for itself and its Affiliates:
Visa USA, Inc.
900 Metro Center Boulevard
Foster City, CA 94404
Visa USA, Inc. is based in the United States. Our representative in the EEA and the United Kingdom is:
Visa Europe Limited
1 Sheldon Square
London, W2 6TT.
Registration Number: Z8657396
To contact Visa’s data protection officer please write to us at either of the above addresses or email us at email@example.com
2. The purposes and legal basis for processing, including legitimate interests
The Visa Solution Privacy Notice explains the reasons why we process your personal information. We only process personal information when we have a legal basis for the processing, as follows:
- To fulfill a contract with you or as needed to fulfill a contract between you and a merchant or the financial institution that issued your card, where Visa is a data processor for that merchant or financial institution
- For closely-related purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, contract management, website administration, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance
- With your consent (or provided you have not objected or opted-out, as may be appropriate under applicable law), to provide you with marketing communications. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions in the communications we send you or by sending an email containing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To comply with the laws that are applicable to us around the world
We may also process your personal information for the purposes of our own legitimate interests, or for the legitimate interests of others, provided that processing does not and shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. In particular, we will process your personal information as needed to:
- Protect you, us or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud),
- Enable or administer our business, such as for quality control, consolidated reporting and customer service,
- Manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions and
- Understand and improve our business or customer relationships generally.
3. Automated decision-making and profiling
We use profiling and analytics to understand how individuals use their Visa cards and other products, for product development purposes and business intelligence purposes. These analytics help us understand and improve our products and better serve our clients and consumers. We also use analytics for security and anti-fraud purposes, such as to identify unauthorized use of Visa cards.
We will not make automated-decisions about you that may significantly affect you, unless (1) the decision is necessary as part of a contract that we have with you, (2) we have your explicit consent or (3) we are required by law to use the technology.
4. When you are required to provide personal information to Visa
In most cases, you are not required by law to provide any personal information to Visa. You are required to provide certain iersonal Information to enable us to enter into a contract with you so that you can use our products and services. Our registration forms indicate which data elements are required for our contracts. If you do not provide these data elements, we cannot do business with you.