Visa Launches First Global Competition Focused on Celebrating Women Entrepreneurs
Visa Everywhere Initiative: Women’s Global Edition focuses on providing women entrepreneurs with a platform to showcase their ground-breaking solutions
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190306005280/en/
Eight former, women Visa Everywhere Initiative winners and finalists, representing regions around the world, star in the Visa Everywhere Initiative: Women's Global Initiative campaign. (Photo: Business Wire)
“More than 163 million women around the world have started their own
business in the last five years, accounting for up to 37% of the
workforce1. Women entrepreneurship is on the rise and Visa is
committed to inspiring more women to break through barriers through
platforms like the Visa Everywhere Initiative,” said
Since 2015, the Visa Everywhere Initiative (VEI) has provided visionary solutions for commerce and payment challenges of tomorrow. The program has activated regionally in 75 countries and awarded more than 70 leading startups with monetary prizes, mentorship and access to Visa’s clients and partners. Now, for the first time, the program will shift from regionally-focused events to a worldwide program centered on FinTech and Social Impact to shine a spotlight on the millions of underrepresented women business leaders and Visa’s commitment to micro and small businesses catalyzing change.
To participate, companies with at least one female founder are invited to submit solutions that tackle challenges facing the FinTech and Social Impact landscapes today through one of the two innovative briefs.
- Challenge 1 (FinTech): Leveraging your company’s unique capabilities, how could your solution help transform consumer and/or commercial payment experiences locally, regionally or globally?
- Challenge 2 (Social Impact): How can women entrepreneurs around the world drive social impact by supporting sustainable and equitable livelihoods and strengthening local/regional economies?
Additional program highlights:
- All corners of the world2: Eligible
participants will be divided into 6 regions:
North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Europe(excluding France), France, Africa/ Middle East. Each region will send one winner per challenge to the finals in Paris.
- Important dates: Key dates for the program include:
Open for submissions-
- Regional finalists selected per region- May
Global Finals in
Paris, France- June 7th
- Open for submissions-
- Finals activities: During the opening week of FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019™, finalists will participate in networking opportunities with Visa’s global partner network, and a final live-pitching event to determine the overall VEI winners.
- Bridge of Support: To reward the most impactful solutions, Visa
$100,000to each challenge winner, along with expert mentorship, access to clients and Visa’s vast network of partners. The winners will also receive tickets to the opening game of FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019™.
- Global campaign: Visa will launch a global marketing campaign “Together as One” to celebrate the Visa Everywhere Initiative: Women’s Global Edition. Eight former, women VEI winners and finalists, representing regions around the world, will star in the campaign to help inspire their peers to participate in the competition and pursue their dreams of taking risks and building a successful business.
“The Visa Everywhere initiative allowed us to add more value to our
product by using APIs from the Visa Developer Platform. As a result, we
garnered enough recognition to win new customers and business
opportunities! Personally, it was a great accomplishment,” said
Underscoring Visa’s ongoing
commitment to advancing women entrepreneurs, the Visa Everywhere
Initiative: Women’s Global Edition builds on the recent launch of She’s
Next, Empowered by Visa, a global platform created to encourage women
small business owners as they build, sustain and advance their
businesses around the world. She’s Next is supported by the Female
Founder Collective (FFC)—a network of businesses led by women,
supporting women. Following a successful inaugural
For more information on the Visa Everywhere Initiative: Women’s Global Edition and all regional events for Visa Everywhere Initiative, how to get involved and participation terms, visit: www.visa.com/everywhereinitiativeglobal
1https://www.gemconsortium.org/report/49860 “GEM 2016/2017 Women's Entrepreneurship Report”
2 Check terms and conditions for participating countries in each region
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190306005280/en/
Visa Inc. Contact: