Great reasons to pay business taxes with your Visa Business Card
Get rewarded for paying your business taxes with Visa Business. By paying business taxes with your Visa Business card, you can acquire points that can be redeemed toward airline tickets or other rewards.¹
Three easy ways to pay federal and state business taxes
If you have filed your business taxes and are now ready to pay, these sites will allow you to pay with Visa Business. As an added bonus, any fees may be tax deductible.²
What kind of business taxes can I pay with my Visa card?
The following types of balance due business taxes may be paid with your Visa Business credit or debit card.
Federal and State Business Taxes
- Corporate Income Taxes
- Federal and State business income taxes
- Payroll/Unemployment Taxes
- Sales and Use Taxes (State only)
- State taxes based on retail sales of taxable personal property
- Franchise or Corporate Taxes (State only)
- Taxes imposed on businesses at the business entity level
Only certain states accept tax payments with Visa. Visit Official Payments Corp® to find out if your state accepts payment by payment card.
- Real Estate Property Tax
- Other Property Taxes
Check with your local tax authority for information on other business taxes that may be paid using your Visa Business credit or debit card.
Note: Federal tax deposits cannot be made by credit or debit card. For additional information and restrictions, including when payments can be made, please visit http://www.irs.gov/efile or consult your tax advisor.
Will there be any fees?
Cardholders may be charged a fee for use of payment cards, which will vary based upon the tax amount due and the service provider selected. Your monthly statement will contain two separate line item transactions—one for the actual amount of tax paid to the government, and another for the tax payment fee paid to the payment service provider. This fee may be deducted as a business expense; consult your tax advisor for details.
Visit your service provider website for more information about fees assessed by the payment service provider.
What are the benefits of IRS e-file?
When you file your business tax return electronically, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- Accuracy - Significantly reduce your chances of receiving an error notice from the IRS.
- Electronic signatures - Create your own personal identification number (PIN) and file a completely paperless return through your tax preparation software or tax professional. There is nothing to mail.
- Proof of acceptance - Receive an electronic acknowledgement within 48 hours that the IRS has accepted your return for processing.
- Fast refunds - Receive your refund in half the time. Get it in as few as 10 days with Direct Deposit.
- Federal/state e-file - Prepare and file your federal and state returns together and double the benefits you get from IRS e-file.
Can I pay my personal taxes with my Visa card?
Individuals can also pay their taxes quickly and easily with their Visa card. Find out more about paying your personal taxes with your Visa card.