Get rewarded for paying your taxes with Visa. By paying taxes with your Visa card, you can acquire points that can be redeemed toward airline tickets or other rewards.¹
Three easy ways to pay federal and state taxes
If you have filed your taxes and are now ready to pay, these sites will allow you to pay with Visa. As an added bonus, any fees may be tax deductible.²
Which taxes can I pay with Visa?
Federal Personal Income Taxes
- Form 1040 Balance Due Payments
- Form 1040ES Estimated Payments
- Form 4868 Extension Payments
- Balance Due Notice
- Installment Payments
- Form 1040 Prior Year Payments
- Form 1040 Advance Payment of A Determined Deficiency
State Personal Income Taxes
- Balance Due Personal Income Taxes
- Estimated Taxes
- Extension Payments and Delinquent Taxes
- Real Estate Property Taxes
- Other Property Taxes
Federal and State Business Income Taxes
- Form 941 Quarterly Employment Balance Due including Installment Agreement and Prior Year Payments * , and Amended or Adjusted Payments
- Form 940 Unemployment Balance Due including Installment Agreement and Prior Year Payments *
- Form 943 Employees Annual Federal Tax Return For Agricultural Employees Balance Due including Installment Agreement, Prior Year Payments, and Amended or Adjusted Payments
- Form 944 Annual Employment Balance Due, Prior Year Payments, and Amended or Adjusted Payments
- Form 945 Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax Balance Due including Installment Agreement, Prior Year Payments, and Amended or Adjusted Payments
- Franchise or Corporate Taxes**
- Sales and Use**
*Personal Withholding of Federal and State Income Taxes. Federal taxpayers may use this service to pay the balance due on Form 941 or Form 940. This service cannot be used to make required federal tax deposits.
** State only
Will there be any fees?
Cardholders may be charged a fee for use of payment cards, which will vary based upon the tax amount due and the service provider selected. If a charge is assessed, your monthly statement will contain two separate line item transactions—one for the actual amount of tax paid to the taxing authority, and another for the tax payment fee paid to the payment service provider. Visit your service provider website for more information about assessed fees.
Can I pay my taxes using a credit card or a debit card?
Yes. You can pay your taxes using either your Visa credit card or Visa Debit card.
Can I get reward points when I pay with my Visa card?
Reward points are offered by the financial institution that issues your Visa card. Check with them for specific terms and agreements.
Can I pay small business taxes with my Visa card?
Small businesses can also enjoy convenience and peace of mind when they pay taxes with their Visa card. Find out more about paying your small business taxes with your Visa card.
What are the benefits of filing electronically?
Accuracy - Significantly reduce your chances for receiving an error notice from the IRS.
Security - Your privacy and security are assured.
Electronic signatures - Create your own personal identification number (PIN) and file a completely paperless return through your tax preparation software or tax professional. There is nothing to mail.
Proof of acceptance - Receive an electronic acknowledgement within 48 hours that the IRS has accepted your return for processing.
Fast refunds - Receive your refund in half the time. Get it in as few as 10 days with Direct Deposit.
Federal/state e-file - Prepare and file your Federal and state returns together and double the benefits you get from IRS e-file.