For 20 years, Visa has been a private sector leader in developing innovative, free financial literacy programs that help people effectively learn the fundamentals of personal finance, including budgeting, saving, responsible spending and the wise use of credit.
Visa pledged to reach 20 million people globally with financial literacy resources by May 2013 at the Clinton Global Initiative in 2009. That commitment was met in May 2012, a year ahead of schedule. Over 30 million have been reached as of January 2015. To learn more about Visa’s commitment to financial literacy, explore our media kit.
- Financial Literacy Fact Sheet
- Financial Literacy Summit Fact Sheet
- Edutainment Fact Sheet
- Practical Money Skills for Life Program Brochure
- Veterans Financial Coalition Welcomes Three New Organizations
- Tooth Fairy Tightens Purse Strings
- New Coalition Forms to Serve Transitioning Vets' Financial Needs
- Prom Bubble Bursts, Spending Falls 14% Nationwide Average $978
- Global Challenges Facing the Unbanked Focus of Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago / Visa Inc. Financial Literacy Summit
- Real Salt Lake's Cassar and Velasquez Join Utah Treasurer Ellis for National Launch of Visa Inc.'s Financial Soccer
- Visa Inc. Survey: Tooth Fairy Left 23% More in 2013
Financial Literacy In the News
- Personal Finance: How Can I Pay Off Credit Cards Faster?, USA Weekend
- Tooth Fairy Feels the Pinch After Overspending, USAtoday.com
- Kalispell Native and NFL Quarterback Comes Back to Coach, ABC/Fox Montana
- Rep. Gregory Meeks: "Every high school should be teaching financial literacy", The Guardian
- Holy Taffeta! The Prom Bubble Has Burst, TIME
- Lunchtime: Americans Spend Nearly $1K Annually Eating Out for Lunch, Forbes
- Education: Gaming Aims to Take the Fear Out of Finance, Financial Times
Financial Football 2.0 is the latest version of the popular financial literacy video game created by Visa Inc. and the NFL. This free game has been developed with help from New Orleans Saints' quarterback Drew Brees, who created a variety of its personal finance questions and appears on the cover. To learn more, explore our Financial Football assets.
- Financial Football Fact Sheet
- Financial Football trailer
- Financial Football game
- Financial Football Map: Where Financial Football has Touched Lives
- Financial Football and Practical Money Skills Logos
Watch Visa Executive, Jason Alderman interview Drew Brees about his involvement with the Financial Football initiative
Financial Soccer is a free, FIFA World Cup™ branded video game, combining the world's most popular sport with an award-winning financial literacy curriculum. This component of Visa's decade-long commitment to financial literacy rolled out a new version of the game in more than 15 countries before the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ in Brazil, to help millions of people worldwide learn how to manage their money wisely. To learn more, explore our Financial Soccer assets.
- Financial Soccer Fact Sheet
- Financial Soccer trailer and game
- Financial Soccer and Practical Money Skills Logos
Marvel Comics' Avengers: Saving the Day
Visa has teamed up with Marvel Comics to create a new financial literacy comic book called Avengers: Saving The Day. This free comic is aimed at helping parents and teachers begin the crucial conversation about wise money management with kids. Over 350,000 free print copies are being distributed in 10 countries around the world and is available in 8 languages in countries globally. The comic is also available to view online.