Improve cardholder and merchant confidence
The overall objective of Verified by Visa is to improve the security of payment transactions in the electronic commerce environment. It is designed to improve both cardholder and merchant confidence in Internet purchases as well as to reduce disputes and unauthorized use of Visa payment cards.
Improve Internet purchase security
- Enhance the security and integrity of Internet purchase transactions.
- Enable Issuers to authenticate cardholders for Internet purchases.
- Increase the confidence of Visa cardholders in making online purchases, while reducing fraud exposure for merchants and Issuers.
- Support smart Visa card authentication and other evolving technologies for wider Internet card usage with minimal impact on merchant processes.
Reduce operational expense
- Reduce chargebacks by preventing unauthorized use of Visa cards for Internet purchases.
- Link authentication with authorization and settlement transactions to ensure Internet transaction data integrity.
- Streamline dispute resolution processes through the use of automated tools to prevent invalid exception items.