Visa Merchant Profile Database
Designed to enhance the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of purchasing operations by providing supplier data for federal and state regulatory reporting, the Visa Merchant Profile Database maintains profiles of over 4 million US suppliers that have accepted Visa commercial payment services. As a result, your company benefits from comprehensive and complete merchant data.
Access enhanced data
In addition to a wealth of supplier information, the Visa Merchant Profile Database also identifies suppliers that can provide Level II and Level III enhanced data. Visa distributes supplier information from the Visa Merchant Profile Database periodically and at year-end to Visa Issuers, who make it available to their Visa corporate and government clients for regulatory reporting. Known for the quality and integrity of its information, the Visa Merchant Profile Database offers significant advantages to users of commercial payment products.
The Merchant data you need
Visa Merchant Profile Database supplier profiles contain a wealth of detailed information, including:
Business Legal Name
Sole Proprietor Name (where applicable)
Street Address, City, State, and ZIP code
Mailing Street Address, City, State, and ZIP code
Tax Identification Number (TIN)
Merchant Category Code
North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code
Standard Industry Classification (SIC) Code
Number of Employees
Level II and Level III Indicators
Minority Owned Business Enterprise
Woman Owned Business Enterprise
Veteran Owned Business Enterprise
Vietnam Veteran Owned Business Enterprise
Disabled Veteran Owned Business Enterprise
Business Administration (SBA) information
8(a) Government Contractual Status
8(a) Expiration Date
Small Disadvantaged Business
HUBZone (Historically Underutilized Business Zone)
What makes the Visa Merchant Profile Database unique?
- Monitors and updates data throughout the year.
- Collects data directly from the most reliable and qualified sources.
- Prioritizes information updates based on a stringent data source hierarchy.
- Identifies Level II and Level III enabled suppliers.
- Identifies suppliers by socio-economic category.
- Identifies Small Business Administration information.
- Powers other value-added services such as the Visa Supplier Locator and the Supplier Matching Service.
The Visa Merchant Profile database, designed to enhance efficiency and cost–effectiveness, maintains profiles of more than 4 million U.S. suppliers that accept Visa commercial payment services.
Get the Visa advantage
The Visa Merchant Profile Database gives you:
- Monitored and updated data throughout the year
- Access to suppliers who provide Level II and Level III enhanced data
- Name and address information
- Taxpayer information
- Market segment information
- Socioeconomic information
- Small Business Administration information
- Prioritized information updates based on stringent data source hierarchy